User Generated Content (UGC) is simply defined as any type of content created by users or “ordinary people”. UGC was applied in marketing more than 15 years ago; however, the rise of TikTok, Koji, and Instagram Reel has upgraded the UGC to the next level. Some businesses expect to have more opportunities for remixing and brand engagement where new users can create outstanding content.
User Generated Content has just started, it’s a promising scenario when brands provide templates and tools for users to create content or called as a co-production. Based on the rapid development of social media platforms, the demand of users will be met as well as the growth of competitors.
In this article, you will get some essential stats of UGC in 2020 and 2021, as well as helpful takeaways. Check it out!
1. The rise of User Generated Content.
2. User-Generated Content (UGC) is any form of content created by “real people”.
3. More than 86% of companies today use user-generated content in marketing.
4. UGC Future Trends: 3D games, videos, AR, and VR.
5. GoPro’s YouTube account is full of videos captured by its consumers.
6. Gen Z consumers contain 41% of TikTok’s community.
7. Ads based on user-generated content receive 4 times higher.
1. Provide proper assets to your users.
2. Keep engaging with creators.
3. Take care of social media channels.
4. Monitor the activities of UGC.
9. Have your business applied any forms of User-generated content yet? 10. Leave a comment below this post.
10. Follow sisudigital.fi to get more marketing news and social media trends! Check the full blog here!